Friday, October 28, 2011

La Guitarra Cosarricense

I will remember today for the rest of my life! Today I bought a classical guitar from a small guitar-maker's shop and I was able to play guitar and sing for the first time in a month. I haven't gone for more than a few days without playing in about 6 or 7 years.

I can't describe the feeling of picking up a guitar again after going so long without it. Quenching of thirst.

Here is what the guitar shop looks like:
It's very small and antique, located in the heart of San José.

Fabricas de Guitarras

It was amazing to meet the maker of the guitars and the owner of the store. He was so kind and patient while I tested out the sounds and asked him all sorts of questions about how to care for the guitar and what he recommended. Plus, he threw in a complementary case and guitar pick just for me. Haha.
The artist, Emanuel Mora Garro



Cedar
I am incredibly thankful for my host mother, Emilia, who went with me, in the pouring rain, to the guitar shop. She was so kind in helping me understand the instructions and information about the guitar. I am really excited about playing on a classical guitar and seeing what changes come about in my style. 

I am really happy! It was a great day. 

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutley thrilled about your new guitar and cannot wait to hear you play tu guitarra cosarricensa!

    ReplyDelete